VEGAN | GLUTEN FREE | GRAIN FREE | Makes 4-6
- 1 cup (130g) chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) coconut water
- 1 apple peeled and diced
- 1 cup (180g) sliced rhubard
- 1 cup (120g) frozen raspberries
- 1 cup (250ml) strong rosehip tea
- 1/2 cup sweeter of choice
- 1 quantity of macadamia honey cream (see below)
Place the chia seeds and coconut water in a bowl and stir well. Allow to gel for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight to activate.
Place the fruit, sugar and tea in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the apples are tender. Mask the fruit by hand or use a stick blender to puree. Stir into the chia gel.
Spoon into ramekins, top with the cool macadamia cream and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to set.
Macadamia Honey Cream
- 3/4 cup raw macadamias
- 1 cup (300g) coconut cream
- 2 tblsp raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Soak the macadamias in spring water for 2 hours. drain and discard the water. Place in a high speed blender with the remaining ingredients.
Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until required.
Adjust the thickness by adding a little water if desired.