A feature ingredient found in Gluten Free Food Co's Chocolate Cake Mix, Banana Bread Mix, Wrap Mix and Grain Free Flour Blend, 'Green Banana Flour', (starch) is the quiet super-food for gut health and offers the consumer some very unique health benefits.
What is Resistant Starch?
Resistant starch is a carbohydrate that resists digestion in the small intestine and ferments in the large intestine. As the fibers ferment they act as a prebiotic and feed the good bacteria in the gut. When starches are digested they typically break down into glucose. Because resistant starch is not digested in the small intestine, it doesn’t raise glucose. Gut health is improved as fermentation in the large intestine makes more good bacteria and less bad bacteria in the gut. International clinical tests regard green banana flour (starch) as the highest grade and level of resistant starch in the world.
Benefits of Resistant Starch
- Prebiotic – feed your microbiome and heal your gut. Green Banana Resistant Starch encourages the growth and activity of microorganisms (e.g. bacteria and fungi) this contributes to the well-being of their host (you!).
- Weight loss – Often referred to as a second meal, resistant starch in this form allows you to eat once and have the satisfied feeling of eating twice. Resistant Starch in this form also increases metabolism.
- Increase absorption and capacity of antioxidants and minerals – especially calcium which can aide in preventing Osteoporosis
- Promote colon health and aide in the prevention of colon cancer
- Prevent diabetes and aide in the treatment of diabetes
- Lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Reduce incidence of gallstones
- Reduce symptoms of diarrhea
We use Natural Evolution Green Banana Resistant Starch because of their, “NutrolockTM” process which is regraded as the GOLD standard of food processing, locking in nutrients 20 – 50 times more than standard food processing techniques. It can turn a green banana to powder in under 25 minutes.