A delightfully tangy addition to a cheese platter. We serve this relish with our Vegan Lentil Pate. If you can’t find cumquats, just use half an orange, mandarin or pink grapefruit.
VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE GRAIN-FREE NO ADDED SUGAR | MAKES 1 CUP
- 1 cup inca berries
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons mild flavoured oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 small oval cumquats
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Soak the inca berries in hot water for 2 hours.
Drain and place into a food processor or high speed blender with the ginger, chilli, oil, salt, orange juice and vinegar. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
Finely dice the red onion, cumquats and coriander, then stir into the relish. Add the goji berries, stir and store in a clean glass jar.
Keeps for 2 weeks refrigerated.